(Updated January 14, 2020)
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for RevealedPresence.com. RevealedPresence.com is the parent website for the following URLs that all redirect to this site and are all covered by this privacy notice:
- ABCsofPresence.com (or .net or .org)
- CarlaKimball.com (or .net or .org)
- Riverways.com (or .net)
This Revealed Presence privacy notice applies solely to information collected by the RevealedPresence website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, when is it collected, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures that are in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
Ways we collect your personal information, what we collect, and how long we retain the data.
We collect data in several different ways:
- When you subscribe to one of our blogs, we collect your name and email address. This information is retained in our website database until you unsubscribe which you can link to at the bottom of any blog email you receive.
- If you make comments on a blog post, we collect the name you choose to use to identify yourself in the comment section, your email address, IP address and, optionally, your website address. Only the name you’ve given us and website information (if you’ve chosen to share that with us) will be published with your comment. Your email address and IP address will not be made public but all this information is retained in our website records indefinitely unless you request that it be deleted. When you make a comment we are notified through our Gmail email account, but these emails are moved to Trash as soon as we process them and are automatically deleted after 30 days.
- When you visit our store to look at our products/services and you decide to make a purchase, we collect both billing and shipping (if relevant) information as well as your email address and phone number so that we can deliver the product or service you’ve purchased. All your purchasing information is retained in our website database for three months and then deleted. Your name and email address will be retained indefinitely for very occasional announcements of new products available.
Information collected by our store.
Our store is powered by Woo Commerce. For privacy practices specifically related to Woo Commerce you can check out their Privacy Notice. Through Woo Commerce, while you visit our store, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
- Send you information about your order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, unless you request not to receive them
We generally retain information about you through Woo Commerce for 3 months and then your record on our website with all personal information will be deleted. This includes your name, phone number, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will, however, indefinitely retain product comments or reviews unless you ask us to delete them.
We also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
- If you made a purchase before November 1, 2019 your name and email will be added back into the Revealed Presence website database to allow for a single transactional email to be sent out by the end of January, 2020 to determine if you would like to become a subscriber to our updated newsletter emails which are separate from our blog subscriptions. After the transactional email has been sent out, your personal information will be deleted from the website database and only if you subscribe to our newsletters will your information be transferred to MailChimp. If you make a purchase after November 1, 2019, you will have an option to subscribe to our newsletter in our shopping cart and only if you complete the subscription form will your name, email and product(s) ordered be passed on to MailChimp for subsequent newsletter mailings.
- If you have signed up for our newsletter during in-person contacts such as at exhibits or vendor tables, your name and email will be passed on to our MailChimp account.
We are happy to remove your information from any of the above sources that we have control over at any time. Simply email Carla Kimball or call her at 802-436-1144 with your request and she will comply.
Finally, we retain a hardcopy of your order for accounting purposes for six years. This order information includes your name, email address, phone number, billing and shipping addresses, what you’ve ordered, and any notes you made at the time of your order. It doesn’t contain any financial information. Because this is a tax related requirement, we cannot delete this file before the required period ends. However, rest assured that this information is held in a safe and secure location.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by emailing Carla Kimball or calling her at 802-436-1144 to:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you except as required for accounting and tax purposes.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.